Steve from Hovership, for those of you who don’t know, is a pioneer in the field of 3D printed quad frames. Following the success of his MHQ 3D printed frame, he has launched a new product. Be sure to check it out.
from the site:
The redesigned 3D printed MHQ2 folding mini quadcopter frame has arrived! Building on the success of the original MHQ frame, we have improved the functionality, durability and stability of this frame. The MHQ2 frame uses the same arms and hardware from the MHQ with the addition of 4x more 18mm screws and 4x locknuts. The use of 6″ props is possible with the new XL arm version. Most parts come in black, select the color of your flight/camera deck and arms.
KEY NEW FEATURES:
- Redesigned base with greatly reduced torsion for better flight stability.
- Camera and battery have a lower center of gravity. Both now mount down on the flight control deck.
- Hardtail mounting: you can skip the clean layer and mount the top plate directly to the base.
- Wider landing gear and slots on the underside of the baseplate for mounting the battery if preferred.
- Improved landing gear thickness and durability.
- Mounting holes for SMA extension cables.
- Integrated GoPro and Mobius mount. Reinforced structure reduces damage in a crash and elevates the GoPro for the use of a USB live-out FPV cable.
- Support for M3 “bobbin” style vibration dampeners.
- Now with 35mm spacers to support flight controllers with straight header pins.
Available Online at: www.hovership.com/guides
- Weight: 165g including motor screws
- Wheelbase: 270mm (diagnolly, motor to motor)
- Flight controller: It is recommended to use a smaller (lighter) controller with a footprint of ~35mm. The flight control deck can accomodate boards with a max hole spacing of 45x45mm.
- Max Prop: 5″ (6″ possible with XL arms)
- Recommended battery: 3s 1300-1500mAh
- ESCs: 12a
- Motors: 1804-2204 size (22g or less)
- 1 set of printed parts
- 4x M3 20mm screws
- 8x M3 18mm screws
- 4x M3 12mm screws
- 12x M3 5mm screws
- 4x M3 5mm nylon screws
- 6x 35mm black aluminum spacers
- 4x 6mm M3 white nylon spacer
- 4x M3 white nylon nuts
- 16\x M3 Locknuts
- 8x M3 nylon washers
- 8x M3 metal washers
- 6x 7mm size vibration dampeners
- 16x M2 or M3 screws for motors